The ABC Clinical Guide to Herbs (9783131323910)
This well referenced, instructive, and clinically accurate guide provides everything you need to know about the safe and effective use of medicinal herbs. Published by the American Botanical Council (ABC), the book contains comprehensive, scientifically based information on 29 herbs and 13 proprietary herbal products. The reference is also the first of its kind to include a continuing education module for a wide variety of healthcare professionals.
Each herb analysis includes an extensively referenced therapeutic Monograph, a 2-page Clinical Overview for quick reference, and a 1-page Patient Information Sheet for the health professional to copy and give to patients. Pharmacological activity, herb-drug interactions, adverse effects, preparations, dosage, name brands, regulations, and detailed tables of clinical studies, are all accurately presented in this important educational guidebook.
Even if you never incorporate herbal medicine into your own treatment practices, the fact is that many patients today are using herbal health remedies on their own. Therefore, it is essential to know as much as possible about herbal products, their uses and safety, and their clinical applications.
Key features of the ABC Guide:
- In depth data - thorough and detailed information for the most popular herbs and herbal products sold in the US market today
- More than 40 tables of clinical studies, including 180 commercial products
- Incorporation of science-based and traditional information
- Standardized and regimented layout ensures quick and easy access to information
- National continuing education credit - 10 to 13.5 credit hours available to health professionals in five disciplines
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first!Review this book...
Subscribe To CMT
Friday - Point Selection and point combinations based on differential diseases... [more]
WEBINAR: The human ear is a poweful tool for both diagnosis and treatment... [more]