The Psyche in Chinese Medicine (9780702029882)
Publisher: Churchill Livingstone
The Psyche in Chinese Medicine comprehensively discusses the treatment of mental-emotional disorders with both acupuncture and herbal medicine. Suitable for practitioners and students of Chinese medicine it discusses first the aetiology, pathology and diagnosis of mental disorders. It explores the nature of the Mind (Shen), Ethereal Soul (Hun), Corporeal Soul (Po), Intellect (Yi) and Will-Power (Zhi) and then presents the diagnosis and treatment of the most common psychological disorders with both acupuncture and Chinese herbs in detail. Specific chapters focus on the treatment of common conditions including depression, anxiety, insomnia, panic attacks, bipolar disorder and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Each condition is illustrated with case histories from the author’s 35 years-long practiceKey Features
- Comprehensive discussion of the nature of the Shen, Hun, Po, Yi and Zhi in Chinese medicine.
- The first detailed description of the nature and functions of the Hun (Ethereal Soul) and how that relates to conditions such as depression, bipolar disorders and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
- An entire chapter dedicated to the functions of acupuncture points in the treatment of mental-emotional disorders.
- Case studies that offer realistic insights and understanding to the range of diagnostic and treatment choices the practitioner can make.
- Attractive 2-colour page layout gives easy access and navigation around the text.
People who purchased this also purchased...
Price: £29.99 £34.99
Subscribe To CMT
Both techniques are powerful methods utilised in ancient eastern medicine... [more]
A major part of traditional acupuncture is the use of specialised needles... [more]