Mosby's Medical Dictionary, 8th edition (9780323052900)
Publisher: Churchill Livingstone
- Over 51,000 comprehensive, authoritative, high-quality definitions - including definitions for major diseases, disorders, drugs, and procedures – offer the most accurate, complete information available in all areas of nursing, medicine, and health-related professions.
- Approximately 2,400 color photographs and line drawings – nearly three times more than any other health care dictionary – illustrate all subject areas to help you understand concepts.
- The practical, straightforward alphabetical organization with no subentries and easy-to-use features such as thumb tabs, entry words in color, and large, easy-to-read print make it easy to find and understand information.
- Expanded definitions for selected entries, particularly major diseases, disorders, and procedures, offer detailed information in one spot to help you understand more difficult concepts.
- Hundreds of lab test and surgical procedure definitions explain the purpose, procedures, patient care, and expected outcomes.
- Comprehensive definitions for drugs – with over 200 new to this edition – include indications, contraindications, and adverse effects for safe medication practice.
- Definitions for more than 50 complementary and alternative medical therapies and over 100 herbs familiarize you with options today’s patients may choose.
- Pronunciations and word roots for key entries help you use terminology correctly in everyday practice.
- Includes British spellings for selected entries to help you recognize alternate spellings.
- A Color Atlas of Human Anatomy contains 43 pages of clearly labeled drawings for easy A&P review and reference.
- Approximately 5,000 new definitions, with special emphasis on definitions related to new drugs, anatomy and physiology, surgical procedures, lab tests, and new technological developments, keep you up to date on the latest developments in health care.
- Over 30,000 completely revised definitions and 800 updated illustrations ensure you have the most current information in all areas of nursing, medicine, and the health-related professions.
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first!Review this book...
Subscribe To CMT
WEBINAR: The human ear is a poweful tool for both diagnosis and treatment... [more]
Master Tung's Acupuncture: Richard Tan's Applications (Lower Body Points) by Dr. Richard Tan (11/16/14)
WEBINAR: Discover the lower body points (and their locations) in Master Tung's acupuncture... [more]