Publisher: Churchill Livingstone
This book explains in full how the emotional, mental and physical elements of Chinese Medicine in illness are an extremely effective therapy in dealing with cases where the alterations of the shen are both obvious and subtle. This book focusses on the psycho-spiritual aspects of patients' conditions and is purposely constructed to facilitate practitioners’ formulations of diagnosis and treatment. It reflects throughout on the patient-practitioner relationship, resources and various characteristics of acupuncture, and inherent problems and qualities. "Shen: Psycho-emotional aspects of Chinese medicine is more than an acupuncture book or a clinical text on how to treat psychological diseases. The authors, by connecting personal clinical experience and through study of classical texts, have created a model that shows how to develop Chinese medicine in the West. This is a very important achievement." From the Foreword by Volker Scheid Practitioner of Chinese medicine and Director of the European Institute of Oriental Medicine (Munich/London).
- Offers clinical guidelines for treating people with psycho-emotional symptoms.
- Includes researched material and clinical applications concerning emotions and movement.
- Describes the causes and progression of psycho-emotional symptoms in terms of etiological and pathological mechanisms, specific symptoms and classical syndromes
- Reflects on patient-practitioner relationship
- In-depth description of 29 clinical case studies, with discussion on points, on-going treatment and problematic situations.
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first!Review this book...
People who purchased this also purchased...
Price: £41.39 £45.99
Price: £25.49 £28.50
Subscribe To CMT
The focus of the day will be self healing through the practice of Qigong. [more]
Many,or perhaps all, chronic conditions have an underlying deficiency at their root [more]