Clinical Application of Commonly Used Acupuncture Points (9781901149067)
Publisher: Donica Publishing
This well-respected reference represents a synthesis of the clinical experience gained in the treatment of a wide variety of disorders throughout four generations of one of Chinaís leading practitioners of traditional acupuncture. It presents a unique blend of pattern identification-based point combinations, practical insights, scholarly commentaries, and representative case histories. Applications are derived from a selection of 86 commonly used points, presented in a clear, easy-to-follow layout. Clinical Application of Commonly Used Acupuncture Points is a valuable clinical resource for acupuncturists.
- 86 of the points most commonly used in acupuncture clinics are emphasized, allowing professionals to focus on the essential points.
- Over 240 detailed case histories illustrate key concepts.
- Pattern identification-based treatment is presented as a holistic approach for better results.
- Clinical experience is offered in combination with classical theory, enabling readers to see how theory can translate into practical results.
- A wide range of point combinations are covered, increasing the possible range of treatment strategies.
- Classical commentaries are analyzed in the context of their relevance to todayís applications.
Illustrations help readers understand the channel pathways and point locations.
Download a free chapter from the book by clicking here.
Customer Reviews (view all) : Average Rating 3
Gary Minns, Rated: 3
More Detail than You'll Ever Need
Itís a weighty book and certainly stands out on the shelf. But itís not one Iíve referred to over-frequently since I bought it a few months ago. The author, Li Shizhen (but not THAT Li Shizhen), examines approximately 80 acupuncture points in immense detail. Over a dozen pages are devoted to each point: history of the point is discussed, such as origins of the name and references within classical texts clinical indications, actions and applications are reviewed case histories are given point combinations are mentioned and even Chinese poems are translated.
There is a lot of very good information within this book but, for most of us, it's probably more data than we need. Definitely one for the serious TCM anoraks!
People who purchased this also purchased...
Price: £39.69 £55.00
Price: £44.09 £48.99
Price: £42.69 £55.00
Subscribe To CMT
Korean Hand Therapy (KHT) is unique when compared to other hand reflexology... [more]