Veterinary Herbal Medicine (9780323029988)
Publisher: Churchill Livingstone
This full-colour text and practical clinical reference provides comprehensive information on herbal remedies for both large and small animal species. Key coverage includes clinical uses of medicinal plants, specific information on how to formulate herbal remedies, a systems-based review of plant-based medicine, and in-depth information on the different animal species — dog, cat, avian and exotic, equine, food animal, and poultry. Other topics include evidence-based medicine and plant medicine research; toxicology, drug interactions, and banned substances; regulations and quality control; and nutritional uses of herbs and other plants. Offers extensive information for more than 120 herbs.
- More than 120 herbal monographs provide quick access to information on the historical use of the herb in humans and animals, supporting studies, and dosing information.
Includes special dosing, pharmacokinetics, and regulatory considerations when using herbs for horses and farm animals.
- Expanded pharmacology and toxicology chapters provide thorough information on the chemical basis of herbal medicne.
- Explores the evolutionary relationship between plants and mammals, which is the basis for understanding the unique physiologic effects of herbs.
- Includes a body systems review of herbal remedies for common disease conditions in both large and small animals.
- Discusses special considerations for the scientific research of herbs, including complex and individualized interventions that may require special design and nontraditional outcome goals.
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first!Review this book...
Price: £1.50 £4.50
People who purchased this also purchased...
Price: £1.50 £4.50
Subscribe To CMT
A major part of traditional acupuncture is the use of specialised needles. [more]
This Practical Workshop will focus on developing concentration [more]