The Foundations of Chinese Medicine, 2nd edition (9780443074899)
Publisher: Churchill Livingstone
This is a new edition of the most successful Chinese medicine textbook ever published in the English language. The book covers the theory of traditional Chinese medicine and acupuncture, and discusses in detail the use of the acupuncture points and the principles of treatment. The material is based on rigorous reference to ancient and modern Chinese texts, and explains the application of theory in a Western practice context.
The new edition includes additional new material, as well as revised chapters, as detailed below. In particular, 50 more acupuncture points are discussed, and further patterns (as well as some combined patterns) have been added. More case studies and case histories have been included, and pinyin equivalents have been added to key terms.
Additional information is given on pathological processes and factors; principles of point prescribing; diagnosis, especially pulse diagnosis; the relative weighting of symptoms; identification of patterns according to the Four Levels and the Three Burners; channel theory; Warm and Cold disease; and vital substances. The glossary has been considerably expanded.
In addition, the text presentation has been redesigned to make it even easier and clearer for students to navigate around the chapters. A second colour has been introduced, and more drawings, diagrams and tables now supplement the text. Summaries are included at the beginning and end of each chapter, and icons have been added to support the clarity of the text.
A CD-ROM is also included with the book, and it contains over 750 self-testing questions in a variety of formats. The students have the option to be marked electronically on their answers. Also included are 65 full colour surface anatomy images as an additional resource.
- New edition of one of the most successful Chinese Medicine textbooks in the English Language written by Giovanni Maciocia who is recognized as one of the Western world's leading authorities on Chinese medicine.
- Contains all that a student requires for an introduction to the theory of acupuncture and Chinese medicine. The text builds from basic theoretical concepts, through functions of individual organs, to disease categories, and the appropriate use of points. The logical sequential order builds the material clearly for the student.
- Includes 50 new points, more patterns, more case studies and case histories
- New modern and attractive 2-colour design ensures the book is easier to access and navigate, through the inclusion of summaries, icons and a more open page design
Additional illustrations, tables and diagrams help to support the text and make the information easier for students to learn and memorise.
- Includes CD-ROM with over 750 self-testing questions and 65 4-colour surface anatomy images.
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first!Review this book...
Price: £89.10 £99.00
People who purchased this also purchased...
Subscribe To CMT
WEBINAR: The human ear is a poweful tool for both diagnosis and treatment... [more]
Master Tung's Acupuncture: Richard Tan's Applications (Lower Body Points) by Dr. Richard Tan (11/16/14)
WEBINAR: Discover the lower body points (and their locations) in Master Tung's acupuncture... [more]