The Treatment of Pain with Chinese Herbs and Acupuncture, 2nd edition (9780702031793)
Publisher: Churchill Livingstone
This new edition of The Treatment of Pain with Chinese Herbs and Acupuncture gives a thorough and analytical review of the diagnosis and treatment options for pain, using acupuncture with Chinese herbal medicine. Based on the clinical experience of the author and supported by that of acupuncturists in Chinese universities, it offers a comprehensive and detailed set of treatments for a wide variety of pain symptoms and conditions, and includes detailed modifications of the treatments, to aid clinical practice.
Although pain syndromes are often complicated, involving both psychological and physical difficulties, resulting in sometimes hesitation in deciding a correct treatment, there are still some short-cut ways to achieve a successful result. Therefore, the essential intentions of the authors are very clear:
- To demonstrate the practitioners how to differentiate the clinical situations and how to establish the corresponding treatments.
- To illustrate how to apply Chinese herbs logically and how to consist an acupuncture prescription reasonably and effectively.
Features- Thorough exploration of the aetiologies and pathologies for pain in the context of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Clear discussion of the principles of treatment, acupuncture point selection and combination
- Detailed explanation of herbal and acupuncture treatments for common and complex pain conditions
- Deals comprehensively with the commonest clinical presenting symptoms
- Provides treatment plans and modifications to these plans, offering more options for the practitioner
- Includes detailed and useful case histories
New to this edition
- New chapter on treatment of pain in children
- Separate sections for the gynecologic conditions
- Includes Western-named conditions
- Red Flags for practitioners to indicate situations which are potentially life-threatening or dangerous
- Suggested treatments now include acupuncture as well as herbal treatments
- Following on from each treatment a prognosis is now provided
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first!Review this book...
People who purchased this also purchased...
Price: £32.10 £42.00
Price: £23.35 £25.95
Price: £25.65 £28.50
Price: £44.09 £48.99
Price: £27.99 £33.00
Subscribe To CMT
A brief history of Ear Acupuncture, Anatomy and Enervation of the Ear, Techniques to locate active points, Prioritisation of point selection, TCM integration... [more]
Tung Acupuncture is well known for its quick and spontaneous results... [more]