Publisher: Churchill Livingstone
This book presents an overview of the theoretical foundations of electroacupuncture, together with experimental and clinical evidence for the efficacy of electroacupuncture in its various forms. It also provides guidance on the effective clinical practice of electroacupuncture, illustrated with informative case histories. It serves as an excellent introduction on the subject, covering all the key information a beginning practitioner would need to know, as well as exploring avenues for advanced practice. The accompanying CD-ROM is an ideal research tool, providing searchable chapters from the book as well as an extensive database of more than 8,000 clinical trials that can be accessed via the CD-ROM or through a companion website.
- The first comprehensive overview of modern acupuncture methods for 20 years
- Clear and accessible guide to an increasingly popular form of acupuncture practice
- Designed for both technically and non-technically minded readers
- Provides a basis for immediate practical application in a variety of clinical situations
- Case studies from expert practitioners in the field illustrate the variety of possible approaches
- Only book on the subject to offer both practical suggestions and thorough exploration of the research behind the practice
- Bridges the gap between traditional and modern scientific approaches to acupuncture
- Sifts and sorts what is often confusing or highly technical material into manageable and practical information
- Includes an interactive CD-ROM containing over 15,000 references
- Fully searchable database of more than 8,000 clinical studies is accessible via the accompanying CD-ROM and website
- Includes material from thousands of studies never before available in English - translated from Chinese, Russian, Ukrainian and other European languages
- Database includes material from thousands of studies never before available in English - translated from Chinese, Russian, Ukrainian and other European languages
- Comprehensive glossary defines and explains important concepts.
Customer Reviews (view all) : Average Rating 5
Chen Profesorsky, Rated: 5
A long awaited book - here at last !
As a practitioner of Chinese Medicine I have long waited for a written textbook on this modern version of the art: electroacupuncture.
This book holds a treasure of knowledge backed by an even greater treasure of clinical studies and cases. Book + CD make for a practical tool for studying as well as for clinical work. A must have for all practitioners who work with electroacupuncture! Thank you David F Mayor for a wonderfuly edited resource.
People who purchased this also purchased...
Price: £11.20 £55.99
Price: £31.50 £35.00
Price: £32.10 £42.00
Price: £58.69 £75.00
Subscribe To CMT
WEBINAR: The human ear is a poweful tool for both diagnosis and treatment... [more]
Master Tung's Acupuncture: Richard Tan's Applications (Lower Body Points) by Dr. Richard Tan (11/16/14)
WEBINAR: Discover the lower body points (and their locations) in Master Tung's acupuncture... [more]