Diagnosis in Chinese Medicine (9780443064487)
Publisher: Churchill Livingstone
This major, new book is a complete, easily accessed and highly illustrated guide to diagnosis in Chinese Medicine. Emphasis is placed on "real world" issues and symptoms, and the text focuses on clear interpretations of signs and symptoms - the practice beyond the theory. Since Chinese medicine diagnosis relies on a subjective appraisal of the patient's symptoms and signs - which form a pattern - many factors beyond traditional Western symptoms are taken into consideration e.g. a patient's voice, the absence of thirst, feeling hot or cold, the patient's smell, tone of voice, glitter of eyes. Thus, Chinese diagnosis is based on a subtle appraisal of a patient's disharmony, which may not be a "disease" at all, and as such requires careful interpretation of a range of nuances. This book will help lead students and practitioners through basic on to sophisticated levels of diagnostic interpretation.
- Provides a clinical understanding of traditional Chinese medicine.
- Offers an unparalleled depth of information that is meticulously cross referenced.
- Includes all the signs and symptoms, however subtle, with which a modern patient may present in the clinic.
- Provides clinical experience and understanding from a leader in the field of Chinese medicine.
- Clearly outlines the decision making options in key situations to help readers through the most challenging topics.
- Logically organised so readers can quickly find the information they need in clinical situations.
- Well illustrated support for practitioner and student alike. Includes 16 page colour plate section.
Customer Reviews (view all) : Average Rating 4
Gary Minns, Rated: 4
Another very good offering from one of TCM’s best known Western exponents. Maciocia breaks diagnosis down into ever multiplying layers and sub-layers, offering possible explanations for even the most minute observation. It’s good information but occasionally mixes classical TCM theory with Maciocia’s own ideas.
Price: £89.10 £99.00
People who purchased this also purchased...
Price: £39.50 £65.00
Price: £32.10 £42.00
Subscribe To CMT
Before you book this date you need to have studied at least one day of Tung acupuncture... [more]
Our modern lifestyle overloads our bodies with toxins from numerous sources pollution... [more]