Fluid Physiology and Pathology in Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2nd edition (9780443071942)
Publisher: Churchill Livingstone
This book covers in clear and comprehensive detail the area of fluid physiology, metabolism and disorders in Traditional Chinese Medicine, drawing on a huge range of original Chinese material. Disorders of sweating and urination, the formation of thin mucus, damp and phlegm, and the interaction of these with other pathological factors are discussed, and the classical sources quoted. Differentiations and treatments, both Classical and modern, including both herbs and acupuncture, are provided in all categories, with case histories where appropriate and interesting. The new edition includes a new chapter on acupuncture, new illustrations, a full index, and revisions throughout.
- Examination of the concepts and processes of fluid metabolism and pathology in TCM unrivalled in its detail.
- Draws on original translations from Chinese sources ranging from the classical era through to modern times.
- Includes a uniquely comprehensive analysis of phlegm, and its associated problems and treatment.
- Designed to be a clear and practical clinical reference.
- New edition includes a chapter on acupuncture treatment; a full index; new illustrations
Written by a highly qualified practitioner and teacher.
Customer Reviews (view all) : Average Rating 5
Douglas Eisenstark, Rated: 5
Probably one of if not, the best books in English on Chinese medicine. Clavey writes in a clear style and illuminates many aspects of qi that are unrecognized in most CM books. Not just about, Fluids, but relevant to all aspects of Chinese medicine.
People who purchased this also purchased...
Price: £44.09 £48.99
Price: £62.99 £75.00
Price: £42.69 £55.00
Price: £39.69 £55.00
Price: £71.25 £95.00