Chinese Medicine Times - Keeping You Informed

New 5E relationship with internal organs

In the new 5E relationship, Liver is wood, Heart is fire, Spleen is earth and Lung is metal no problem. Pericardium is water, in Chinese Pericardium is Xiang Huo(相火) which means "with fire", "with fire" is not fire, it could be heart yin energy's location, so, Pericardium is water. Kidney yang (life gate) is fire, kidney yin is water, kidney is the organ which inhale air, so kidney has the same breathing function of lung which means kidney is metal also, so kidney is water, fire and metal mixed organ. Sanjiao (Triple burn) the water channel for communicate the heart and kidney, hence, Sanjiao is mixed water & fire. Together above the new 5E relationship of internal organs' information, please look below the map:

"Wood" Liver ---> "Fire" Heart & Kidney Yang ----------> "Earth" Spleen
    ................................V................. .............................

.......A ...................."Fire & Water" Sanjiao .....................V

................................A................. .............................
    "Water" Kidney Yin & Pericardium <---- "Metal" Kidney(inhale) & Lung(exhale)

http://latcmwellnesscenter.com/45.html

5E.jpg

We know the new 5E relationship of internal organs is very important for acupuncture treatment. In acupuncture, we will have more ways to do the treatments. For example, if lung illness patient, we also should needling the kidney channel points. Heart illness patient, we should needling the Pc, Sanjiao and Kidney meridians points too. For heart and kidney not connect cause insomnia patient, we must needling Sanjiao(triple burn) channel points, for example Sj17 can treat insomnia patient, Sp6+Sj8 can harmony the body yin yang conditions very good for heart yang energy connect to kidney yin energy be balance. For bone illness patient, we must needling the Kd7. For man's infertility patient is because of kidney yang deficiency or ming men fire weak, some times is because of kidney yin deficiency or kidney yin yang energy disorder. Hence, we can use Sanjiao(triple burn) to tranfer the heart fire down to Kidney Mingmen to increase Mingmen fire, to lift the man's sex power. Like Sp6+Sj8, Pc6+Gb39, Du14+Ren4, Du4+Ren17, Lv3+Li4, Sj4. These points are to balance body yin yang hormone energy endocrine system secrete condition, include sex energy. About the phlegm-fire disorder heart, in TCM, the phlegm is because of spleen deficiency and can not drain water to Sanjiao circle system then build up phlegm, the phlegm will store into lung. The second reason is body heat cook body liquid become phlegm through Sanjiao go to heart or whole body anywhere. So, the new idea come out now, we can directly use Sanjiao water to clean whole body's phlegm down to kidney and transfer to urination bladder out of body. this is different from TCM use strong spleen way to drain the phlegm. Ren9+Kd5+Sj6+Ub64.

08/17/2012 By Feng Mei L.Ac.
    http://latcmwellnesscenter.com
    Last edited by feng; 21-08-2012 at 15:11.

Hi
    this is really interesting.
    the link to your map doesnt work however, is there any other way we can see this?
    thanks

This is so interesting and makes sense. I find it fascinating that even now, all these years down the line, the theory behind Chinese medicine can be re-interpreted and re-evaluated. Personally I am currently experiencing extreme phlegm - both substantial and unsubstantial so I will try the above points and let you know how I fair.

1/11/12
    Irene

Feng Mei and I have discussed his ideas in another forum - so he knows that I am rather skeptical of some of his suggestions.
    Traditional Chinese medicine is some 2000+ years old. It is very modern Western phenomenon to think that we can re-intrpret and re-evaluate this based upon individual ideas. In my experience most such suggestions reveal incomplete understanding by the proponent. It took sixty years for Western science to accept Quantum mechanics as a real world phenomena. Traditional science is really not less conservative than this - suggested revision or re-evaluation needs to be examined by a group of peers. When it seems to contradict existing doctrine then one needs to subject it to a critical evaluation.

The remarkable thing for me is that Chinese medicine still applies to our changing culture and lifestyle and disease patterns without major changes to its doctrines and principles.