Chinese Medicine Times - Keeping You Informed

Da Zhou Tian ( Large Cycle Universe)

Da Zhou Tian ( Large Cycle Universe)

by Feng Mei L.Ac. 01/17/2011

Begin: Du4(life gate) > Du9 > Du14> Si1 > Ht 9 > Ht1 > St1> St45 > Sp1 > St12 > St1 > St12 > Li 1 > Lu 11> St12 > Li 20 > Ub 1 > Ub67 > Kd 1 > St12 > Si19 > Sj23 > Sj1 > Pc1 > Gb12 > Gb 1 > Gb 44 > Lv 1 > Du 20 > Du 28 > Ren 24 > Ren 1 > Du 1 > Du4 > Dai Mai > Du4 > Chong Mai (up) > Ren Mai (down) > Du Mai (up) > Du16 > Gb20 > Yang Qiao Mai > Ub 62 > Ub 67 > Kd1 > Kd 6 > Ying Qiao Mai > Ub 1 > Du14 > Du 28 > Ren 24 > Ren 1 > Du 1 > Du16 > Yang wei mai > Ub63 > Ub67 > Kd 1 > Kd 9 > Ying wei mai > Ren23 > Ren 1 >Du1 > Du4 (end).

New+2.JPG

http://latcmwellnesscenter.com/42.html

Website created from 2009, Copyright by Feng Mei.

Forgive me but;

What is the point of the above? I do not see what you are trying to achieve by listing the above "physical" points of the Great Heavenly Circle. What does the above prove?
    I know the Great Heavenly Circle, the Small Heavenly Circle and a number of other qi gong practices and have done them over quite a number of years and still I find the listing of the points above to be a bizarre thing to do.

First the practice/s of Qi Gong/ Chi Kung are a physical, mental and metaphysical process to be trained and honed over years. Taught on a one to one basis or within a group. Listing points is not going to teach anyone anything, or help them achieve the ability to "Do" the Great Heavenly Circle.
    Second I have personally had to treat a man who decided to follow the directions in a book on the "Micro Cosmic Orbit" and ended up in hospital from attempting to complete it in three weeks causing himself great harm.

I understand you have been in training in Tai Chi for some time and I have seen the number of awards you have been given or attained. I am sure you are very good at what you do but I would have thought you would also be aware of the dangers of mis-training and the issues that can arise from that.

I don't understand what the above is actually meant to be?
    Or if it is just a way of demonstrating your knowledge?

Please understand I am not trying to upset you I am just somewhat confused

Regards

Snowtiger

Dear Snowtiger:
    Human body's Qi move inside meridians should smoothly, if Qi stuck some place will cause Qi stagnation or blood stasis and more illness, The Large cycle universe is let the Qi move through 12 meridians smoothly and clear body's Qi and Blood stagnation, it is very good for health, but different people has different condition, so they should find a good master to teach and help them to practice, if the master leave away the student or the student can not contact the master for Qi Gong questions, the student may be very dangerous conditon happen. Sorry, I don't mean to against you
    Regards
    Feng Mei, L.Ac.
    http://latcmwellnesscenter.com

Dear Feng

I understand and am not in the least offended, this is a discussion not an argument. However, I am still confused as to why listing points that link along the Great Heavenly Circle is of any use to anyone?
    My reason apart from the obvious one to one teacher student situation as commented by us both previously is; That the nature of internal energy moves and flows at "will" and the manipulation of such energy through intent allows it to flow wherever the person desires, I am sure you would agree to this.

The acupuncture meridians are the physical meridians and points that can be touched by a needle however we know that there are internal meridians on all the meridian pathways that cannot be touched by a needle but are mapped. Yet there are many more meridians in the human body that exist in the body that cannot be touched by a needle equally there are many more points that are in the body which when an injury or illness presents make themselves known as Ashi points or sometimes called jejo points (forgive my spelling of the latter).

So my point is that; 1, listing the points will not help anyone achieve the GHC/MCO/DZT
    2, that internal energy flows anywhere it wants or anywhere it is directed
    and finally
    3, I know a number of forms of Qi Gong and I know they all have their own pathway to achieve competence in the attainment and use of internal energy so listing a beginning at Mingmen may be erroneous to some of those pathways.

Regards

Snowtiger

about great heavenly circle

The great heavenly circle is the routine of body yuan Qi circle whole body 12 meridians incude 361 acupuncture points(Qi stations), it can make internal organs' meridians Qi communicate each other and more coordinate each other, with Yin energy and Yang energy keep in balance condition also, same, the body 5 elements energy will keep as one circle conditon, and refresh body energy to keep bad energy out of body, it is good for health, for acupunctue, each needle point must connect to the other needles points on the routine of great heaven circle, this will more good for treatment effective rate. The Mingmen(Du4) translate to English is "life gate", means the door of life energy begin to move whole body, this is why I put Du4 at began of great heavenly circle. I don't mean I am absolutely correct, something still need detail study and discuss.

Dear Feng

Are you suggesting that someone actually acupuncture these points as some kind of treatment?
    For???
    and are you actually advocating using at least 33 needles if not more depending on how the above is interpreted plus taking into account that some of these points are either excruciatingly painful or as in the case of huiyin Ren 1 would likely end you up on sexual assault charges???
    Please tell me that is not your intention?

Which brings me back to the original question why put up this information in this way?
    it has no practical use and serves to either show that you know about the GHC or that you have done some research to map some points that may touch on the GHC. Other than that?
    I remain confused

Regards

Snowtiger

about acupucture for great heavenly cycle

About great heavenly cycle acupuncture is not need 33 needles, for example, to active whole body's Qi and blood circle you just can use Li4+Lv3, just four needles will totally circle whole body's Qi and Blood, and you can based on patient's condition to add some needles to sedate or tonify local Qi energy to do the treatment, normally each treatment I only do 12 points about 24 needles maximum, 12 means 12 merdiains (energy circle).

Hmmm Interresting: however hegu and taichong are two of the four gates the other two being the doubling up of these points which if used together as a formula let heat out of the body. They may circulate energy but should the patient be low in yang they will lower them even more.
    May I respectfully recommend that the GHC is left to a one to one student/teacher practice and leave it to the metaphysical side to activate and circulate it and leave the acupuncture to straight forward illness conditions.

Regards

Snowtiger

Van Nghi has a similar idea that is called the essential energy tonifcation. I have found that I can't recall the list of points now. But I think LI.4, Lu.7, Liv.3, St.36, SP.6. and an extended version that escapes me. But basically the same idea a selection of particular crucial points in what is called the 'Classical Order' through which the Ying-Qi circulates.